The Active Beginnings Team are committed to delivering the highest standards of physical activity for children within Primary School.
We also support the Sporting Schools initiative. Sporting Schools provides a program for all primary schools and a targeted program for Year 7 and 8 students in secondary schools which aims to:
- Improve children’s fundamental movement skills to encourage lifelong participation in physical activity
- Increase the awareness of the value of sport in schools
- Engage children in high quality sporting programs
- Connect children with sport in their local communities
- Develop the capability and capacity of sport to drive nationwide participation growth
Funding is also available:
Aussie T-Ball is a modified version of baseball designed to introduce students of all abilities to the game and help them develop basic baseball skills in a fun, safe, non-contact environment.
The game is six a side and uses modified equipment for beginners, such as foam bats and foam balls. The modified rules of the game ensures students have greater game involvement that builds social, mental and physical development.